Throw in all the energy conversions you are aware of, as one continuous routine without physically engaging yourself at any stage (Uh!!! yes that's the real challenge).
Contraption turns on its head in that where most other events seek to simplify a complex problems, Contraption require you to enthrall the judges and the audience with your ability to convolute the most simplest of actions with an infinite array of steps!! All you need is planning, innovation, efficiency in steps and use of material to stay in the reckoning.
Enough of holding your fire….let your multifaceted brains to fly out like a falcon in the sky of IMAGINEERING
SEGMENT 2: At the same time one ecofriendly message related to PRAGYAA 2014 theme should be displayed.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Students should carry proof of identity issued by their institution.
- Each team can have max. 5 members.
- Same person cannot be a member of more than one team. All teams involving common person as participant will be disqualified.
- All participants are requested to bring 2 copies of properly printed abstract of their contraption clearly mentioning steps and chart, which shows all energy conversions.(If possible diagram should be added)
- A space of 5ft*6ft*7ft (l*b*h) will be provided to each team.
- The organizers reserve the rights to change any or all the rules above rules as they deem fit.
- No chemical explosions are allowed during working of contraption.
- An initial set up time of 180 minutes will be given to each team.
- Setup time of 45 minutes will be given before 2nd trial.
- Only two trials or attempts are allowed. However, team takes extra trials then that team will be disqualified.
- Maximum three hand touches are allowed including hand touch at the time of starting the contraption. For further 4th, 5th, 6th hand touches 10, 30, 50 points will be deducted respectively. Further hand touch will lead to disqualification of the team.
- If you fail in the first trial, then 10% of your total point gained after your successful trial will be deducted.
- Time of 15 minutes will be given to each team for displaying contraption to the judges.
- The energy conversions after completing the task are not considered.
- Less points will be allotted for the repeated conversions
- No alterations in contraption of any kind is allowed at any point of time during trial.
- step has to be designed by the participating team only. The steps performed for energy conversion by any ready-made product will not be scored.
- Judges and coordinators decision will be final and binding to all.
- You can use any type of mechanism for watering the tree.
- Mechanical conversion: 15 Marks
- Electrical or Electronic conversion: 20 marks
- Magnetic or Chemical conversion : 30 marks
- For repetition of sameconversion one mark will be deducted (example- for 1st mechanical conversion, 15 marks will be given and for 2nd mechanical conversion 14 marks will be given)
- Inclusion of two female candidates will be awarded plus 10 points.
- No use of Electricity
- Some bonus points are kept for innovation and shall be decided by judge and coordinators.
- Energy conservation
- Contraption will have two rounds.
- In preliminary round, participants are required to submit detailed abstract of their contraption
- Abstract details are given below. Last date of submission of abstract will be 28th Feb. 2014.
- The selected teams will come to PRAGYAA for hands on competition.
- Depending on abstract teams will be qualified for round 2. The 2nd round will be held during the PRAGYAA event. Time slots will be informed later on.
- All participants detail with contact numbers.
- E-mail ID for further contact.
- Summary of contraption.
- Total no. of energy conversions..
- No. of innovative steps..
- Detailed write up of each and every step.
- Include the information mentioned below in word document. Kindly do not exceed the word limit mentioned in respective sections..
- Support your write up with appropriate image of your contraption. Note that even photos of incomplete contraption may be added in the abstract. You can also upload the image and videos on any popular file-sharing network and provide the link. This information shall be considered valuable for deciding design/ innovation prizes..
- No. of steps in contraption.
- No. of energy conversions .
- Types of energy conversions .
- Originality of ideas an innovativeness.
- Robustness of the contraption.
- Complexity of overall contraption.
If you already have a Unique PRAGYAA Registration ID:If you wish to participate in this event:
1. Click on "REGISTER NOW".
2. Enter your team name and the registration id's of all team members.
Note: All your team members also need to have their Unique PRAGYAA Registration ID to register
for an event.
If you do not have a Unique PRAGYAA Registration ID:1. Click on Register for creating your Unique PRAGYAA Registration ID.
2. Enter the required details.
3. Click on Register at the bottom of the page. Done!
4. Your Unique PRAGYAA registration ID will be sent to your email.